Thursday, February 16, 2012

When inspiration sneezes all over you

Its funny how and when inspiration will strike.  I've been struggling with a color scheme for our green bonus room, but today I found something that has made it a little easier.

colorful Kleenex box

A new fabric line?  No.

Wallpaper samples? No.

Art prints? No.

Area rugs? No.

colorful Kleenex box

Just your everyday, plain old, ho-hum tissue boxes.  Its crazy but I can finally see the direction I want for the room.

The green of course, along with grey, navy, and yellow. I liked those colors but couldn't visualize them together, even when I held paint chips side by side. I guess it was hard to see 4 different colored squares playing nice together. But when seen as an abstract floral, it just all clicked.  I'd originally thought I'd go with red because that is a color found throughout our house, but this room is visually and physically separate from all the others in our casa.  Now on to finding fabric so I can get some pillows made, and of course I need some spray paint to liven up a few accessories.

Woo to the hoo! I'm so excited to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share something lovely...