Monday, December 27, 2010

4 months and lovin' life!


My tiny E turned 4 months old on the 17th and she is a definitely a true joy. She weighs in at a hefty 14 pounds, 6 ounces which is a change from the G-ster (who I call the white wisp because of her slight size and pale skin/hair).

I love using the chalkboard to archive this monthly milestone. I "borrowed" the idea from Shannon at Bless Our Nest. I've added a little drawing in the corner for each month (books and apple for Sept, jack-o-lantern for Oct, turkey for Nov, Christmas tree for Dec). Here are the previous months pics (posted to the old bloggeroo and I figure you all want to see my cute kid so I'll add them here).
I tried to find a cute little old fashioned chalkboard like the one used on the inspiration blog but didn't find one in time. A little chalkboard paint ($8) and an unfinished wooden plaque ($3) from WalMart, along with some brown craft paint that I already had did the trick on the cheap. Plus, E's big sis loves to play with it between photo sessions. Unfortunately, I had to give away the paint when we moved so it was pretty expensive for one-time use but I'll definitely be getting some more because I love how it turned out! I already have some ideas for how to use more in our new house!!! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. She is such a doll! Too cute! I also love your chalkboard you made. The little pictures are a great idea!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share something lovely...