And these guys didn't disappoint! I have loved Johnny Mathis' renditions of holiday tunes since I was a little wee one and, HELLO, Josh Groban's voice was created for Christmas songs! So, this week I'm giving you a rundown of my fa la la la favorites.
1) Sleigh Ride Johnny Mathis
2) Little Drummer Boy Josh Groban
3) In the Bleak Midwinter James Taylor
4) Winter (album) George Winston
5) Let There be Peace on Earth Vince Gill
6) Do You Hear What I Hear (from an old record that my mom used to have which has now gone the way of our Fisher Price Little People camper and my first tooth...um, lost)
7) Angels from the Realms of Glory (as played by moi on my mom's piano. It's like singing in the shower... if I had to do it anywhere else it would just be crap-ola but in our living room at home I sound like Mozart tickling the ivories)
8) Any "true" Christmas carols played at the church I grew up in on Christmas Eve or Day (not those Lutheran dirges that are in the section marked "Christmas" -- the REAL, well-known, don't-have-to-look-at-the-hymnal-to-follow-along, hymns)
I'll pretty much listen to anything festive except that I don't like it when pop stars try to write new Christmas songs or sing old ones all jazzy. Just be traditional for goodness sake...isn't that part of the Christmas experience!?!