Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh Tannen "da Bomb"

'Tis the season and my tree is finally up! I'm pretty traditional when it comes to holiday decorating. I see other color schemes that are Beau. Ti. Ful. But none of that is really my style. Someday I'd love to have one tree for all my oldies but goodies and another more formal tree that is more trendy and "decorative." When it comes to my current tree more is definitly more and nostalgia rules the day! Most ornaments are in the red, green, white family. I have a mish-mash of ornaments that are more sentimental than stunning. There are also a few new ones and this one is a new fave. I think its meant to be painted but I like the rustic look of the unfinished wood. I have 5 that are similar, given to me as a gift last year, and I think they came from WalMart. I'm hoping to get a few more this season.

This precious little mousie is MY FIRST ORNAMENT EVER!!! See where it says '80 (guess I'm giving away my age but I couldn't not share)? Thanks Mom for saving it for me!

And here it is. Our noble fir in all its glitzy, glammed out glory. And, while I don't follow many of true decorator rules, I do faithfully adhere to one Martha Stewart philosophy when it comes to my tree. Years ago, I heard Martha say that 100 lights should be used for every foot of tree height. I look at that as a minimum requirement. Our 6 foot fir is dripping with 800 little glistening lights. Love it! Leave me a comment and let me know how you decorate your tree. Do you use the same ornaments every year? Go with a different theme or color scheme depending on your mood and the trends? How bomb is your tannenbaum? Don't forget to link to picks of your tree on your blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share something lovely...