Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A little V day love

Valentine's Day is always a bit hard for me in the decorating department. It always seems to early to buy a buy a bunch of stuff or set things out right after Christmas and then by the time I think to do it there are only a few days left until the big day. But I had a few ladies and their kiddos over for lunch today and wanted to spice up the house a bit with some V-day decor. One of my go to items (for any holiday) is super cheap and super simple. Oh, and super yummy!


I simply put holiday M&Ms in these cute little glass containers. They're part of a silverware caddy from Southern Living at Home (now called Willow House, I think). At our old hou
se I would put them on the mantel but now they're lined up on my dining room table. Its also fun, and a little more graphic, to separate the colors and do one jar of each: dark pink, light pink, and white. The regular M&Ms are even more cute but we prefer peanut or peanut butter here at my casa when it comes time to chow down. The best part is that I don't have to store them during the off-season. In fact, if I'm not careful, they don't make it to the actual holiday.

The only downside... you must be ready to replenish so the candles don't fall over. I told the ladies today that they were more than welcome to munch but to eat equally out of the three jars :-)

Don't you think its sweet!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share something lovely...