Friday, May 27, 2011

Pillow talk.

So. The chairs from Target. I'm not sure what to say. Oh wait. Yes I do.

I LOVE THEM!!!

Not only were they extremely inexpensive, but they are comfy and made fairly well. They were a cinch to put together and very true in color to the pic shown online. The red shade works perfectly with my sofa and the other colors will let me play around with so many accents in the room! Here is a "before" of the spot where they used to sit...


Not horrible, but not so great either. Plus, these chairs go with our dining table. I wanted them back in their rightful home. I liked the layout of the two chairs side by side and since we already have a comfy couch and chair-and-a-half, I knew I wanted something less bulky. There was also the issue of the light wood legs (which I didn't want to change because they go with the other dining chairs). I don't mind a mix of woods but this was just plain weird. You can see here that even my 9 month old doesn't think mixing tones in this case is good decorating.


"Mom, the feet on the couch are a much darker wood than those ridiculous parsons chairs."
Yeah, she can talk in complete sentences.

Enter the aforementioned slipper chair from Tarjay.

The perfect dark wood legs,

the perfect scale,

the perfect pop of color,

the perfect escape plan for my dining chairs,

the perfect price. What more can a girl ask for???

I actually have two of them flanking the nesting tables but am only showing one because they're not ready for a full reveal. I need to get/make pillows for them and, as you may have noticed, there are curtains up now. Sort of. They still need to be hemmed.

You're probably also wondering why there are so many goofy looking pillows in the pics above. Its because I need help deciding which size is best for the chair. So, if you don't mind helping a brotha' out and giving some input I'd appreciate it. Which pillow (size, please ignore the strange colors/patterns) works best on my new slipper chairs?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love the chairs! Why do you want pillows? I bet the chairs look great by themselves. If you go with pillows I'd choose one of the smaller ones either the first or second pic so you can see more of the chair fabric. Happy Birthday, I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Share something lovely...