Friday, September 23, 2011

61 years {and a photo wreath}


Today my daddy turns 61 years old. We are extra glad to celebrate because he is battling cancer and as many of you know that makes each day, and especially each birthday, more precious. My sister made a photo wreath displaying some of his old family photos. Its a quick project and so fun to look back and remember his carefree childhood days.


I gave my sister a hard time because she doesn't have a fall wreath on her door yet (doesn't she know its official TODAY!).

magnetic photo wreath

Wasn't he the cutest, chubbiest, little baby?!? In addition to photos, she also used his 1st birthday invitation, a report card from second grade (he tried to explain away his low grade in religion from Catholic school!), and his high school graduation announcement. To make this yourself all you need is:



super strong mini magnets, metal wreath form, a stack of pics

You can get both the magnets and wreath form at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JoAnns, etc. for under $15. And if you have a coupon or wait for the sale then the project would be even less expensive. Such a fun way to share photos! And you can change it up seasonally or with your mood. I'll definitely be getting the supplies for this next time I have a coupon or see a wreath sale at Michaels.

Love you so much Daddy! Thanks for being the best vacation dad a girl could ask for and for loving me even when I wouldn't practice my pitching (ah, teenagers!).

I'm linking up!

Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy


Tip Junkie handmade projects






Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!


Weekend Bloggy Reading


I Heart Nap Time

Home Stories A to Z

5 comments:

  1. Oh I just love this idea...what a great way to display old photos...especially ones so important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I love this idea and can't wait to make one...enjoy displaying vintage family photos in my home and am always looking for new ideas. Thanks for sharing the "how-to" as well. Hope your Dad has a very Happy Birthday...I bet he loved the wreath.
    Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. No need to frame everything. Just a simple idea that makes those collections memorable. I wonder why I am not getting such ideas :)

    Regards,
    Jacob

    ReplyDelete

Share something lovely...