Monday, October 3, 2011

Finished!: 31 Days to a Better Photo

I finished up 31 Days to a Better Photo Friday and I can honestly say that I'm so glad I did it. I learned so much

Day 29: 12 Tips for Sharper Images
This seemed a bit like a recap for things already mentioned although I wish she'd given us some more info on cleaning our cameras. Maybe a good online reference or something.

Day 30: My Photography Workflow
This post seemed as though it is geared more towards those people looking to start their own photog business. I assume she gets a TON of questions from people looking for advice but it wasn't really helpful for me.

Day 31: Thanks for Spending 31 Days with Me
No! Thank you, Darcy, for taking the time to do such a great series! There are a lot of online classes that offer this type of information but Darcy shared her expertise with us for FREE. So awesome.

The two most important things I learned during this past month were
  1. Change the ISO as a last resort! I use to adjust this first when my pics were too dark but now I know that I will get a better image if I use the aperture and shutter speed to allow in more light. I have definitely seen a positive change.


  2. Use the little dial on the screen/in the view finder to check the exposure of the pic before snapping it. Its so helpful to see that I need to adjust some things before I take the pic and check the image. I shouldn't have ignored those little lines for so long!


  3. Resize pics for the blog! I actually got the know-how from Shelley for this, but I would have learned it from Darcy a few short days later.
That about wraps it up! I'm excited to see what she has in store for us during October this month. I'll be following allong as she shares 31 Days of Photo Tips. Are you getting involved in the 31 Day series?

I just realized that there are no pics for this post. My photography post has no pictures. But, check out all of my posts in September to see if you can see improvement in the images on my blog!

Oh, and if anyone remembers, I had another goal for this month. It has become a 61 day goal and I hope to complete 30 days of the 30 Day Shred by November 1. Yeah. Fitness = Flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share something lovely...