Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bring on the Luck!

I can't get too into St. Patrick's Day. I'm not Irish, it's usually smack dab in the middle of my Easter decorating (which I love, by the way... pics soon to come!), and well, there's just something about it that makes it a little ho-hum. Although, I do think that the Irish Channel St. Pat's parade is my most favoritist event in all of New Orleans. If you ever get the chance to go, you should. Its like Mardi Gras with a guarantee of better weather and smaller crowds (aka, its easier to find somewhere to pee) but still with all the beads and hooplah.

But, I still like to honor the day. Who doesn't like an excuse to drink green beer and break out a color I rarely buy but actually do look pretty good in. So, picture this:

Me: Black fitted t-shirt and jeans, green scarf, green flower clips on my black flats, green ring on my right hand. Oh, and instead of coffee, I'm secretly sipping Midori out of that awesome bird mug. Or green beer. Ok, I'm not that cool. It's milk we put green food coloring in.

G: Sportin' that green tutu like she owns the world.

E: Being the lump but doing it with style in her cutie tootie green mary janes.

Unfortunately, I don't own any of the green stuff. Maybe I should get it all so we're prepared to look awesome next year. Ah. I'll just pretend and G and I will cut out green shamrocks and safety pin them to our shirts tomorrow instead. She'll think we crafted and that I'm a super cool mom.

Thanks to amazing artists and Etsy for giving them a place to sell their wares...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share something lovely...