Monday, March 21, 2011

Making special books keepsakes

I am stealing a WONDERFUL idea from a wonderful blogger on an easy way to document the growth of my kiddos and make keepsakes out of the books that are special to us. She swiped the idea from someone else too, so I don't think Brooke from Inchmark will mind the theft. We gave G the book Ballet Kitty Ballet Class (Bernett Ford and Sam Williams) for her 3rd birthday, along with a leotard, tutu, and ballet and tap shoes. We also signed her up for her first dance classes. Its an amazing program for 3 -4 year olds that is through the City of Las Vegas Parks and Rec and costs us only $17 (!) a month. I love seeing her in her cutie little outfit, she loves going, and I love the chance to chat with other mammas of pre-preschoolers.

Anyway, we traced her hand in the front cover of the book! I love that we will be able to look back at it later and see how tiny her little hand was. It will also help us remember when she started dance. This will probably be worth millions one day when she is a famous ballerina. OK, with the moves she's getting from me she's more likely to do backup for Lady Gaga. Or, if she gets her boogie style from her dad she'll only be famous when she's at the club and has had one too many "big girl" beverages. But, either way, its priceless to us.

PS. I just traced her hand today but I figured it hasn't changed too much in the last 2 1/2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share something lovely...