Wednesday, August 17, 2011

365 days = happiness & true joy

One year ago yesterday my family looked like this...


We were given a second gift from God when our little E was born on August 17, 2010.


Here she is today in all of her feisty glory!


I know no one is shocked that she didn't want to cooperate for her picture this month. So she's looking quite peeved because I stuck her in the crib (we tried going outside but the concrete was too hot and fake grass even hotter!).


While not yet walking, she is quite the mover and shaker. E, you love climbing the stairs and have mastered "falling" in just the right way to get back down (Daddy is supposed to put the baby gates in before he leaves :-)

This one, on the other hand, didn't mind cheesing it up for the camera!



Presenting...
12 Months of E!!!



This has been an amazing year and I am feeling so blessed today. Just a few quick notes so I remember all that you're doing at this stage...
  • you crawl, but don't quite walk
  • you're pulling up and cruising around using the furniture
  • you have 7 1/2 teeth
  • you LOVE to eat everything but avocados
  • you grunt A LOT (eghhhhh)
  • you say or have said: ma ma, da da, all done, tickle tickle, nite nite, bye bye
  • you sleep pretty good, 2 naps (about 1 1/2 hrs each) and from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m., although you cry in your sleep (which makes momma sad)
  • you HATE getting in your bed and cry for a few minutes when we lay you down 99.9% of the time
  • you're still nursing but I can tell that those days are almost over (which is a good thing...the milk wagon's gotta end some time)
I might be adding to this list as things come to me but I can say with certainty that this sweet, fire-y, little girl has added to our family immensly. We can't wait to see the little girl you will grow to be.

Also, we're having a party for Miss E on Sunday and I can't wait to share all the details (here's hoping I don't screw up the cake... but if I do, there's always Baskin Robbins ice cream cake as a backup).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share something lovely...